Doing all you can to preserve the marriage and keep your family together can be extremely taxing on a family. Sometimes, when it’s clearly not working after everyone involved tried to fix the issues, a divorce just has to happen.
Divorce can be one of the scariest and most stressful times of a person’s life. You’ll have so many family law questions that you may be terrified to proceed. Luckily, divorce attorneys are there to answer them and more. These divorce attorneys are there to help you and offer family law advice so that your divorce is as stress-free as possible.
Here are some important facts and statistics about divorce that can hopefully prevent an unwanted marriage from happening in the first place. Obviously, if you’re in love with your significant other and you two plan on getting married, don’t let this stop you. It’s important to be knowledgeable so you can make an informed decision.
- It is estimated that in the U.S., 40 to 50% of all first marriages will end in a divorce, along with 60% of all second marriages ending in divorce.
- If people decide they want to remarry after they have gone through a divorce, they typically wait on average about three to four years after the initial divorce. Many people believe that once is enough and they chose never to remarry after going through a divorce.
- On average, the length of a marriage that ends in a divorce is about nine years.
- Not surprisingly, couples who marry under the age of 20 have the highest rate of divorce. Young couples under the age of 20 have 1.5 times more of a chance to get divorced than those who get married between the ages of 20 and 24 years old.
- Sadly, in the United States, there is approximately one divorce every 36 seconds. That is 876,000 divorces a year or 16,800 divorces every week. That’s 2,400 divorces every single day. Put more succinctly, that is too many.
Divorce is such a messy issue and is stressful for everyone involved. Consulting with experienced divorce attorneys or child custody attorneys can help make the process as seamless as possible.