R & S Law Group, APC is dedicated to helping people who are going to through the difficult process of divorce and other family law related matters. Our seasoned divorce attorneys know the ins and out of the courtroom and emphasize personal attention on every case no matter how small or complex it may be. Each of our clients has a unique story and a different background, that is why the divorce attorneys of R & S Law Group, APC work together to custom-tailor their legal services to your individual needs.
Whether you are going through a tough divorce, child custody or an adoption matter, our divorce attorneys have the experience and dedication necessary to help you succeed. We understand that you have a lot of choices when choosing a divorce attorney in Orange County. To find out why R & S Law Group is the right choice for you, contact us today for a free consultation with one of our divorce attorneys.
How Our Divorce Attorneys Can Assist You
Divorce and child custody matters are among the most emotionally volatile and potentially contentious issues dealt with by divorce attorneys in the family court. At R & S Law Group, APC, we understand what is at stake in these types of cases, and the impact court decisions can have on every area of your life, both now and in the years to come.
Our Orange County divorce attorneys provide compassionate, professional legal representation you can trust to defend your rights and interests, while helping to ensure the best possible outcome in your particular case.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
Divorce in Orange County
Under the California Family Code, divorce is referred to as the dissolution of marriage. As a no-fault divorce state, the only grounds for divorce that are recognized by the court are irreconcilable differences, or when one of the parties lacks the legal capacity to make decisions. There are two basic types of divorce cases that require a divorce attorney:
- Uncontested divorce, in which both parties agree to the proceedings and on financial issues;
- Contested divorce, in which there are potential disputes over marital property settlement and alimony awards.
In either situation, it is important to consult with an experienced divorce attorney to ensure your divorce is filed properly and before signing any agreements that could impact your future financial security.
As parents, we want what is best for our children. Whether you and the child’s other parent are unmarried or going through a divorce or separation, our divorce attorney can assist you in making sure your child’s best interests our served. The California Courts outline two specific types of custody:
- Legal custody, which involves making decisions on matters affecting your child, such as health, education, and religious upbringing;
- Physical custody, which concerns where the child will live and the amount of time they spend with each parent.
Based on parenting plans that must be approved by the court, our divorce attorneys can oversee having sole custody awarded to one parent while the other is granted visitation, or you may share parenting responsibility through joint custody arrangements.
Whether unmarried or going through a divorce, both parents have a legal responsibility to provide for their child’s needs. Child support issues may be handled by your divorce attorney along with custody arrangements, or an order for support may be sought concerning a former partner who is no longer in you or your child’s life. In either situation and regardless of the other parent’s income, having our family law and divorce attorney petition the court for a support order should be a top priority as it can provide your child with the following benefits:
- Provides monthly income to assist in meeting basic needs, such as food, clothing, and shelter;
- Supplements educational, recreational, and health care costs;
- Ensures your child receives any veterans’ and Social Security benefits they may be entitled to, now and in the years to come.
Even with a child custody, child support, or alimony order in place, situations change and modifications may be necessary. Our Orange County divorce attorneys can assist you in filing a petition with the court to modify an existing order due to the following:
- Changes in employment, income, or assets;
- Changes in residency or family size;
- Situations in which new information affecting your order is brought to light, such as uncovering hidden assets or hidden sources of income;
- Emergency situations and circumstances in which you or your child’s health and welfare may be in jeopardy.
One of the advantages of having your divorce attorney obtain a court order for child support and visitation or alimony is that if the other party fails to meet the requirements in the order, you can seek legal enforcement. Failing to comply with a court order can result in contempt of court charges, which involve heavy fines and potential imprisonment.
- For alimony orders, your divorce attorney can assist you in enforcing the order through asset and property liens or seizure, in additional to claiming additional compensation for damages suffered.
- For child support orders, any past due amounts will continue to accrue, and our family law and divorce attorney may be able to garnish the other spouse’s wages to enforcement payments through the California State Disbursement Unit.
- For child visitation orders, enforcement may be provided by local police and law enforcement agencies, and non-compliance can result in loss of visitation privileges.
Prenuptial agreements drafted by a divorce attorney do more than simply outline how property and assets will be divided in the event of a divorce. They can serve as an inventory of any assets or property you or your partner currently possess, while addressing issues related to your future financial security as a couple. Issues our divorce attorney can address in a prenuptial agreement include:
- The rights and obligations of each spouse concerning the property of the other;
- Information regarding wills, trusts, and other estate planning tools
- Instructions for inheritance rights upon death and disbursement of life insurance benefits.
While premarital agreements created by a divorce attorney may address issues relating to alimony and property division in the event of a divorce or spousal separation, they have no impact on issues related to child custody or visitation.
As experienced divorce attorneys, we can make sure the rights of you and your children are protected in adoption contracts, while ensuring compliance with state law to minimize future complications.
Contact Our Local Orange County Divorce Attorneys Today
At R & S Law Group, LLP, we are here to assist you in any type of legal matter that affects you and your family members. Our team of highly trained and experienced divorce attorneys pride themselves on providing professional, personalized service for each and every client, at a price that is affordable. We serve Orange County and the surrounding areas; call or contact our divorce attorneys online today to see how we can assist you.